JIRA excel export does not open on IE

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

HI All

Iam on JIRA 7.1 and using IE 11.0 to export search results into  an excel.

The system pops up a message, do you want to open or save the <file_name> from <server_name>

Here if you press Open then nothing opens up.

How can i fix this issue?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2016

We resolved the problem by updating the IE security settings and it worked,

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2016

I have the same problem on JIRA 6.4 in IE 11. Do you have the ability to use some other browser? I've found that Internet Explorer doesn't really play nicely with JIRA and I've encountered a lot of small weird bugs. I use Chrome and don't have any of those problems in that browser.

Alternatively, in IE, you could just choose "Save" instead of "Open" and then open the saved file. That seems to let me view the exported data correctly.

Suggest an answer