JIRA data into WordPress - What is the best way?

Jerry Sullivan June 14, 2016

My team has a JIRA account and I have been tasked with coming up with a solution for getting the report data to display on a page in our WordPress site. I've tried a few different methods thus far with limited success, but wanted to back up and get an opinion on the best way to approach this.

Is this something that can be done with a custom JIRA add-on? Is RSS the way to go? SOAP/XML?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2016

Extracting data out of JIRA over REST is going to be the best option for a "pull" (Wordpress asks JIRA for data) although RSS is also a good option (SOAP won't work, deprecated in JIRA 6.4)

For a "push" (JIRA pokes your Wordpress), there's several options, but I don't know Wordpress, so I can't tell you what it might accept from JIRA.  Webhooks are going to be the main one for Cloud, although I imagine a Connect add-on could be used as well.

0 votes
Deirdre Kirmis December 5, 2017

Wondering if you ever figured this out? I am trying to do the same thing, using the REST API, but not having a lot of success getting it to display the data in WP.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events