JIRA data archival

nidhis October 19, 2015

Hi Team,

My requirement is in our organisation we want to archive the data in JIRA every year end of year for coming few years.

For the same we have option to take export of filter from JIRA and save it somewhere.

But we require an automated solution to get the filter result directly to a file and sent to server.

I have tried fetching data from database, but there are so many tables from which data is coming so its difficult to fetch .

can you sugegst any workaround ind etail for above requirement?

Regards,

Nidhi

6 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2015

Do you have the JIRACLI? If so, you can just export issues per project including all its attachments. You can also run a separate action for getting the comments. I use this for archiving projects.

jira --action runFromIssueList --project "PROJKEY" --common "--action runFromAttachmentList --issue @issue@ --common \"--action getAttachment --issue @issue@ --id @attachmentId@ --file \"\"@issue@/@attachment@\"\" \" " 
0 votes
nidhis October 22, 2015

Hi,

Once i take export from JIRA as Excel all fields, it shows around 440 fields, then i remove manually the 100 around fields which are not required for my export.

This process next time for archival also we will have to do, as if i create a filter and configure 300 columns there, it will be very big task, any sugegstions?

0 votes
nidhis October 20, 2015

No, as i require to take backup based on a selection criteria for all closed issues for specific project.

That filter should be exported in Excel, this thing how can we automate?

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2015

Just take the nightly backup xml that JIRA is generating for you. That should suffice for your requirement I think smile

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/automating-jira-backups-185729637.html

0 votes
nidhis October 19, 2015

but we want to automate it for next archivals.

It shoukd take 1 year data from JQL , export it to a file and save on server.

how can we do that?

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2015

PDF Automation can capture your issues, with all their fields, comments, change histories, attachments (see the screenshot!) in PDF files that can be stored anywhere and can be indexed by any search mechanism.

You can automatically execute a JQL query, generate the PDF document, then either email this or save it to the filesystem.

See the automation tutorial

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events