JIRA cloud to perform certain action on jql tickets

ping tarng Ng February 26, 2017

Hi Team, I would like to know if there is a way for JIRA (we are JIRA cloud user) to automatically perform some action at certain interval (e.g. every day, twice a day) automatically for the filtered ticket.

E.g. with a filter XXX: send a reminder email to all reporter of the ticket

E.g. with a filter XXX: make a transition to all the filtered ticket

Thanks

Ping

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2017

With a filter XXX: send a reminder email to all reporter of the ticket:

You can set up a subscription to automatically send an email based on the results of an issue filter. Details here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/working-with-search-results-764478404.html#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribingtoyoursearchresults

You can set the frequency, etc.

You can specify a group as the recipient and if you make sure you include reporter = currentUser() in your search filter, it will ensure each person in the group only gets mailed the list of issues where they are the reporter.

There some more detailed info in the docs for JIRA Server version 6.4 here, most (if not all) is still relevant for JIRA Cloud: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html 

With a filter XXX: make a transition to all the filtered ticket:

Not possible as far as I know without an add-on.

These add-ons are available for Cloud which will be able to automate transitions for issues meeting certain conditions:

You could also look into automating yourself with a custom developed tool/script using the JIRA Cloud REST API, but this needs a bit of development effort.

Hopefully others will comment with better suggestions, but I hope this helps a bit.

Sam 

Suggest an answer