JIRA cloud to perform certain action on jql tickets

Hi Team, I would like to know if there is a way for JIRA (we are JIRA cloud user) to automatically perform some action at certain interval (e.g. every day, twice a day) automatically for the filtered ticket.

E.g. with a filter XXX: send a reminder email to all reporter of the ticket

E.g. with a filter XXX: make a transition to all the filtered ticket

Thanks

Ping

1 answer

0 vote
Sam Hall Community Champion Feb 27, 2017

With a filter XXX: send a reminder email to all reporter of the ticket:

You can set up a subscription to automatically send an email based on the results of an issue filter. Details here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/working-with-search-results-764478404.html#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribingtoyoursearchresults

You can set the frequency, etc.

You can specify a group as the recipient and if you make sure you include reporter = currentUser() in your search filter, it will ensure each person in the group only gets mailed the list of issues where they are the reporter.

There some more detailed info in the docs for JIRA Server version 6.4 here, most (if not all) is still relevant for JIRA Cloud: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html 

With a filter XXX: make a transition to all the filtered ticket:

Not possible as far as I know without an add-on.

These add-ons are available for Cloud which will be able to automate transitions for issues meeting certain conditions:

You could also look into automating yourself with a custom developed tool/script using the JIRA Cloud REST API, but this needs a bit of development effort.

Hopefully others will comment with better suggestions, but I hope this helps a bit.

Sam 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Fadoua M. Boualem
Published Monday in Trello

Using Trello to manage events

As a Jira power user, I was at first doubtful that Trello could benefit my workflow. Jira already uses boards (ones you can customize!), so why would I even need to use Trello?! In this post you will...

511 views 8 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you