JIRA cannot turn off autowatch

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to turn off autowatch for an automated ID to help alleviate some of the mass emails from JIRA, as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=298975297 

But when I go to any of my users profiles, there is no "preferences"  All users are LDAP based.

Does anyone know how can I turn off autowatch for just a single automation user and leave it on for my normal users?

Thanks,

Robert

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2015

Actually just found out that this is a problem with su plugin, not JIRA.  As when I log in as the user I can see the preferences.  When I su to the user it does not.  I am good to go.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2015

su to the user?

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2015

Yes there is a plugin called "su" (switch users carried over from UNIX su) in which an admin can switch to that user. It is VERY helpful in debugging issues. I have a lot of my users say I cannot do X. So I go in as them and see for myself.

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2015

Great plugin, just found the first bug for myself.

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2015
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2015

Ah I see. Yeah, logging in with the account will have the preferences for you. I did not know that su plugin before :)

Suggest an answer