JIRA admin on a certain project

Khaled Abdelhamid September 20, 2017

Is it possible to have admin permission on a certain project NOT all the projects ?

My case is that I am having 5 projects , and need each team leader to have an admin permission over his project only. So that each team leader can define Custom field , and define work flow Over on his own project ONLY .

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

If you have Jira Software, you can allow editing of the workflow to project admins by using "simplified workflow" on a board.

Otherwise, not until Jira 7.3, where a project admin gets some access to the workflow as long as it's workflow for their project only.  7.4 then adds some stuff about field values.

But you need to be an admin to make full changes to workflows and fields.

I do not have a problem if I have many admin to the system, What I need is assign admin permission on certain project

Ex.

I need John to be admin on "Project 1" only

and Ahmed is admin on "Project 2" only

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

My answer described "administrators for a project".

Global Jira admin gives access to all projects, and should only be granted to a small handful of users who work closely together, or you will get into a right mess.

thanks for your reply,

If I do not give Global Jira Admin , 

Is there a way to assign some admin privileges to a certain user 

I do not want to get into mess 

I Just want to have a power user Who do not have global administration on all project , But still able to define work flow , and custom field

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2017

No, again, you can allow your project admins some edit actions in Jira 7.3+  Please try that.

Global admins get everything.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events