JIRA Webhook is not sending request on HTTPS web service

abhishek Pandey November 30, 2015

HI ,

I have created a web service and hosted on IIS on port 443 .

I have configured webservice on JIRA Webhook URL with method name to get updated issue information.

But when i am trying to get data from Webhook while changing the issue , i am not able to get it on HTTPS .

I am able to get the data when i am hosting the webservice on port 80 (HTTP).

Please help me to resolve the issue .

2 answers

0 votes
abhishek Pandey December 1, 2015

i have verified that the webhook target certificate is in the java tomcat keystore of Jira. But its Self Certificate .

Can JIRA Webhook use Self Certificate or we will have to buy Signed Certificate ?

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2015

Check your logs, but by the sound of it you have a SSL certificate error/mismatch. Verify that you have the webhook target certificate in the java tomcat keystore of Jira. If i am wrong, please show us parts of the catalina.out where you see the connection being established, this might tell you a lot more about what is going wrong.

Mahima Kapoor November 30, 2015

Abhishek : We are using SelfSigned Certificate . Can we use SelfSigned certificate for HTTPS Webhook?

Like Скурат Денис likes this

Suggest an answer