JIRA User Tier Upgrade: Determine which Paid Plugins require a new license

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2017

When you upgrade your user tier you need to purchase a license for all Paid Addons.

As you need to get a quote from Atlassian it is desirable to get only one quote that contains all required licenses and do one purchase only.

I couldnt find a best practice for this,

and going through each addon and checking if it is needs to be paid seems pretty slow as there are lots of Addons that belong to another addon license wise.

Filtering on "Paid via Atlassian" also shows Free Addons and i guess you could miss Addons that have their own licensing mechanism.

In Addition some Addons like Tempo consist of multiple Addons some of which have their own license and some dont. 

Any Clues are appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2017

It can be a bit of a fiddle on Atlassian's sites.  I'd get in touch with one of the expert re-sellers who often include simplified invoicing - give them your list of addons and get one invoice for all your licences, adjustments as your needs change, and getting add-ons etc to take on the same renewal dates etc.

Yes, disclaimer, I work for one that offers something like this.  Not my field, though, I just pass the requests on.

Suggest an answer