JIRA User Tier Upgrade: Determine which Paid Plugins require a new license

When you upgrade your user tier you need to purchase a license for all Paid Addons.

As you need to get a quote from Atlassian it is desirable to get only one quote that contains all required licenses and do one purchase only.

I couldnt find a best practice for this,

and going through each addon and checking if it is needs to be paid seems pretty slow as there are lots of Addons that belong to another addon license wise.

Filtering on "Paid via Atlassian" also shows Free Addons and i guess you could miss Addons that have their own licensing mechanism.

In Addition some Addons like Tempo consist of multiple Addons some of which have their own license and some dont. 

Any Clues are appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes

It can be a bit of a fiddle on Atlassian's sites.  I'd get in touch with one of the expert re-sellers who often include simplified invoicing - give them your list of addons and get one invoice for all your licences, adjustments as your needs change, and getting add-ons etc to take on the same renewal dates etc.

Yes, disclaimer, I work for one that offers something like this.  Not my field, though, I just pass the requests on.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

127 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you