JIRA URL to pass in a value to a field

huangbe October 11, 2016

Hi,

Within the JIRA's URL, is there anyway to pass a parameter and value to the URL so that it fills in a field?

My end goal is that when someone creates a JIRA, the "Labels" is already filled in.

We have multiple departments using the same JIRA instance. If we can have the label auto-filled, then it's easy to sort out who can handle the JIRA. Users are usually fairly lazy in filling out everything.

Right now we have

https://<our compnay url>/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=14205&issuetype=3 , which auto selects the project and the issue type. I really would like to fill in more fields.

3 answers

0 votes
huangbe October 11, 2016

When viewing he page source, I can find this

<div class="field-group aui-field-labelpicker" >
<label for="labels">Labels</label>

<fieldset class="hidden labelpicker-params">
<input type="hidden" title="id" value="labels">
</fieldset>
<div class="ajs-multi-select-placeholder textarea long-field"></div>
<select class="multi-select long-field hidden edit-labels-inline" id="labels" multiple="multiple" name="labels">
</select>
<div class="description">Begin typing to find and create labels or press down to select a suggested label.</div>

</div>

The Name of the labels is definitely labels, so I don't know what else is required to reference it.

0 votes
huangbe October 11, 2016

I already tried &labels=New, didn't work. The page still shows labels as blank.

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2016

oh ok, worked for me though..

you have the Field Labels in your create issue screen?

0 votes
Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2016

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events