JIRA URL to pass in a value to a field

Hi,

Within the JIRA's URL, is there anyway to pass a parameter and value to the URL so that it fills in a field?

My end goal is that when someone creates a JIRA, the "Labels" is already filled in.

We have multiple departments using the same JIRA instance. If we can have the label auto-filled, then it's easy to sort out who can handle the JIRA. Users are usually fairly lazy in filling out everything.

Right now we have

https://<our compnay url>/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=14205&issuetype=3 , which auto selects the project and the issue type. I really would like to fill in more fields.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I already tried &labels=New, didn't work. The page still shows labels as blank.

oh ok, worked for me though..

you have the Field Labels in your create issue screen?

This widget could not be displayed.

When viewing he page source, I can find this

<div class="field-group aui-field-labelpicker" >
<label for="labels">Labels</label>

<fieldset class="hidden labelpicker-params">
<input type="hidden" title="id" value="labels">
</fieldset>
<div class="ajs-multi-select-placeholder textarea long-field"></div>
<select class="multi-select long-field hidden edit-labels-inline" id="labels" multiple="multiple" name="labels">
</select>
<div class="description">Begin typing to find and create labels or press down to select a suggested label.</div>

</div>

The Name of the labels is definitely labels, so I don't know what else is required to reference it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

171 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you