JIRA Transitions - Moving issues back from "resolved" / "closed"

Deleted user March 10, 2016

Hi everyone

I have another (newbie) question. We use JIRA as a database for books we are producing. The workflow part is very useful for moving lots of titles between editors, coordinators and graphic designers.

When we first started using JIRA, we transitioned some issues to our final state, where they are now locked and their status has been set to resolved. This is a small problem though, for numerous reasons, but the primary being that we can't edit the titles if something changes. We realised (too late) that we shouldn't transition any titles to the final state, which is a fine workaround for the titles we are producing now, but I am still left with 200 titles that I can't transition back in the workflow.

I have a feeling that I have to give someone(preferably the admin, myself) the permission to move "closed" or "resolved" issues back in the workflow.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Our workflow("Production closed" is the one we want to avoid or move back from):
Workflow.jpg

Thanks for helping out,

Nikolaj

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

Hi Nikolaj,

you have only to copy your current workflow, add a temporary transition from Production closed to any status you want, map this new workflow into your workflow scheme used by your project and confirm this operation. After that you are able to bulk transitioning the 200 "wrong" issues. If you like you can delete the temporary transition afterwards.

Cheers Julian

Hi Julian

That was (so far) surprisingly easy. Thanks for the quick and helpful answer!

Cheers
Nikolaj

0 votes

Hi Julian

Now all the titles have been moved away from "Production closed" - so far so good. Their Resolution is still Done though. Is there a simple way to make them Unresolved, like the rest of issues? We dont really bother with the Resolution field, so it will make it easier if everything is just the same.

Thanks again,
Nikolaj

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

Hi Nikolaj,

sure! There are several add-ons like with that you can do this. The way that I would prefer in your situation would be to add a transition from the new status to itself in the current workflow and add a post function to this. Choose the "set field value" post function and configure it to set the resolution to unresolve. After publishing you can bulk transition the issues you want to unresolve. Sorry, I think I hadn't read this in your first question. Otherwise you could have add the postfuntion the the first configured transition ....

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Julian

I didn't specify it in my first question, I had hoped it would happen automatically smile

I will try that and get back!

I can't Set Field Value to Unresolved - but I can choose None? I guess that's the same?

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2016

right!

Deleted user March 11, 2016

Julian, it worked! Thanks again for your help, I am very grateful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events