JIRA Toolkit Plugin Message Custom Field

itiac December 28, 2016

hi

I want to implant  the Message Custom Field (edit) for JIRA toolkit plugin(edit)

I using JIRA 6.3.9 Server

but I don't understand how to do so. (how to Add dynamic massage )  e.g 

"we have bug so please do not open issue" 

I use theis page in order to Set the massage 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-add-a-message-or-field-on-jira-create-issue-screen-759990667.html      

Is there something I can give an example of  how to  used theis  field

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2016

The plugin doesn't support dynamic messages. You put the text in when defining the field. 

itiac December 28, 2016

hi joe tank for Answer. did know about any good documentation or example of using this CF . in the "Real world"

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2016

I've used it to put instructions/guidance at the top of a page or to break the page up into logical groupings like Customer Input, Developer Section, Testing Section, etc. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2016

The docs for the field cover all you need - add the field to the screen, and set the message you want in the field default.

Mihai Trandafir February 20, 2017

Hy guys,

Can the default value of a CF like this be internationalized?

Thanks

Suggest an answer