JIRA Ticket # Field Help

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2018

Hello all,

I have a text field for IT Ticket numbers in JIRA. Currently we just type in the ticket number.

In Confluence, we would obtain the link to the Lotus Notes ticket and create a hyperlink.

How should I handle this in JIRA?

• Currently the ticket field is a text field.

Any suggestions would be great. 

We do have script runner so it would be magical if we could type in the ticket number and the link would be magically created to the ticket in our custom Notes solution.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2018

Jonathan,  

If the ticket number relates to a link in lotus notes the I would use script runner to generate an issue link (web link) on the issue using the ticket field.  The base url would have to be the same for this to work, example https://mylotusnotes.com/app/id=TICKETNUMBER.  The TICKETNUMBER portion would be the dynamic piece and would be pulled from the jira field.  If someone fat fingered the number then the link would be broken and you would have to update it as part of the process which would become more complicated.

Suggest an answer