JIRA Subversion plugin for Jira Core

Guillaume Côté November 16, 2015

Hi,

I'm evaluating if we need JIRA Software or JIRA core. We currently use the JIRA Subversion plugin. Does this plugin will work in JIRA Code or will required JIRA Software?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Guillaume

3 answers

1 vote
ArminR March 21, 2016

Atlassian actually filed enhancement request https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/SVN-479 in order to address the issue.Yet, they stopped supporting this plugin so I'm not sure where this leaves us. 

1 vote
ArminR March 21, 2016

Hi Guillaume,

it's not true that the JIRA Subversion plugin works in JIRA Core. I had filed a support request with Atlassian because they claimed initially that the Subversion tab should be showing up on issues with only JIRA Core installed. After 2 days of trying and looking through logs, we discovered that simply installing JIRA Software makes the tab show up, while uninstalling JIRA Software makes the SVN tab go away.

Cheers,

-ar 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2016

Very strange - it's working in a 7.0 Core only installation here. 

ArminR March 21, 2016

what version of the plugin do you run? We tested with JIRA 7.1.1 and SVN Plugin 3.0.0 and 3.0.1.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2016

3.0.1 and JIRA 7.0.1

I've not tested it on later versions, but it wouldn't surprise me, as it is supposed to be a "development" tab, and other dev tools don't appear without Software.

Guillaume Côté March 21, 2016

Ok, this will be a problem for us. We used this tab but will go with Core. All the documentation and the answer I had receive was that the plugins work with all flavor (core or software) of Jira. It might be a "Development" tab but it a tab added by a plugin and plugins are not dependent of the which JIRA you have.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2015

It will work in both.

Suggest an answer