JIRA Startup Failed

Walid Djama January 8, 2017

Hi,
I upgraded JIRA 5.2.2 to JIRA 6.3 everything went well, but when I started the service to launch JIRA I had the following message error :
The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Issue Search (com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin)

I tried all the resolutions recommanded in the documentation but nothing worked:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshooting-jira-startup-failed-error-394464512.html

Can anyone help me please?

Best regards,

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walid Djama January 11, 2017

I found a solution by starting jira without the plugin's jar file, then I put it back into the installed plugins folder and restarted jira once again
Thank's for your help
Best regard

0 votes
Walid Djama January 8, 2017

I have the same error message in the log : 

The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started: Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Issue Search (com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin)

The resolutions don't change the outcome at all and i set the time to 1000 instead of 300 that recommended in the resolutions.

Best regards, 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2017

At the very least, changing the timeout should have changed what it does - if only to repeat the "enabling plugins" message loop to repeat for longer before it gives up.  Did that happen?

Could you take a look at the resource usage (CPU and memory) while the start up is churning as well?  Are they fully active, or do they peak and then reduce while it's looping on the failure message?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2017

What does the log say is going wrong?

When you ran through the resolutions, did they change the outcome at all?  Have you tried going even higher than the timeout it recommends you increase?

Suggest an answer