JIRA Software is currently unavailable. This might be because an upgrade task has failed to run or has not yet completed.

gregory.gleinig over-c.com February 24, 2016

3 answers

0 votes
Andrew Forrest September 2, 2016

I got this error too, upgrading for JIRA 6.0.7 to JIRA 7.2.0, (and it was not easy to track down the problem).

I looked at the JIRA “Health Check” (log in as system administrator, go to “Administration | System | Support Tools | Instance Health”. There was an issue here to do with database configuration… but that wasn’t the cause of the error.

Looked at the log file (/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/atlassian-jira.log) and happened across the error “This version of JIRA Agile requires a minimum build number of #45 in order to proceed”, which is described with solution here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/this-version-of-jira-agile-requires-a-minimum-build-number-of-45-in-order-to-proceed-812222943.html This fixed my problem.

0 votes
Paulo Gaspar August 1, 2016

Getting this after a faulty installation. Any solutions?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2016

Yes, this can happen if an upgrade is interrupted, or started from a dodgy data set (I've just done that myself), or if something genuinely goes wrong with it.

You'll need to read the log file for the full details, and explain what you have done to provoke this error.

Suggest an answer