JIRA Software is currently unavailable. This might be because an upgrade task has failed to run or has not yet completed.

3 answers

0 vote

Yes, this can happen if an upgrade is interrupted, or started from a dodgy data set (I've just done that myself), or if something genuinely goes wrong with it.

You'll need to read the log file for the full details, and explain what you have done to provoke this error.

Getting this after a faulty installation. Any solutions?

I got this error too, upgrading for JIRA 6.0.7 to JIRA 7.2.0, (and it was not easy to track down the problem).

I looked at the JIRA “Health Check” (log in as system administrator, go to “Administration | System | Support Tools | Instance Health”. There was an issue here to do with database configuration… but that wasn’t the cause of the error.

Looked at the log file (/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/atlassian-jira.log) and happened across the error “This version of JIRA Agile requires a minimum build number of #45 in order to proceed”, which is described with solution here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/this-version-of-jira-agile-requires-a-minimum-build-number-of-45-in-order-to-proceed-812222943.html This fixed my problem.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

771 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you