JIRA Service Desk - SMS Requests

Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2017

I posted this on the Dicussion Fourms but no one answered so I will open it up to others. 

As a JSD Administrator, I would like to see a feature allowing users to text message (SMS) a Service Desk Request. This would allow users to submit requests outside of the network and simplify JSD. I'm fully aware and using the JSD Portal and Email Requests but I would like SMS Requests as well.

• Is there any plug-ins for JSD that allow SMS (A supported one)?
  • Should we open a JSD request through Atlassian regarding this?
  • Any thoughts or ideas?

1 answer

1 vote
Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2017

One way to acheive this would be to use an SMS provider such as Textlocal to handle incoming SMS messages, and then forward them to your support email address :)

We've used textlocal quite a bit for sending out SMS from JSD (ScriptRunner custom workflow scripts), but it could easily be used to forward incoming SMS too.

https://www.textlocal.com/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events