JIRA Scrum Board does not refresh when selecting to sort by Sprint

Vlad December 3, 2018

Around thanksgiving user reported that JIRA agile Scrum Board do not refresh when sorting by a specific Sprint, unless hitting refresh on the browser. 

We are running JIRA 7.3.3

It is also noted this is not just happening on Chrome, Firefox was used as well.

Another thing to note is that once user is in the board, they get a notification of something changing in the board and user should refresh or do nothing in the bottom right corner, refreshing again will go to all sprint view even though the specific sprint is still selected in the UI as well as in the URL.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vlad December 18, 2018

Thanks for the reply wound up being a add-on that was installed around 1-2weeks prior to reports so we did not think to look, when we disabled the add-on it all worked. So we are all good!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2018

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Indeed, I was trying to reproduce your problem unsuccessfully, since I was not aware of any add-on that could cause this behavior.

Have a nice day!

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2018

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for raising this question.

I'm not sure if I've properly understood your question, but JIRA Scrum board in the backlog and Sprint views are automatically sorted by Sprints. In fact, the Scrum board view is splitted into sprints: 

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 15.20.52.png

That being said, could you please send us a screenshot of the view you are referring to so we can better understand what you are meaning? If possible, send us a brief video displaying the problem itself. 

We will be waiting for your answer.

Vlad December 5, 2018

Petterson,

Thank you for the prompt reply, in the kanban view of the scrum board. there is an option at the top to list all sprints or select only issues to appear from a certain sprint.

I can not provide the video or screenshot due to confidentiality, but basically what started happening is selecting the sprint does not refresh the board and remove all issues not related to the sprint in question. The url updates, but board itself does not refresh. Until you actually hit the refresh on the browser...

Once refreshed, after a few seconds, the bottom right of the board you will receive the below message:

Screenshot 2018-12-04 10.40.48.jpgHitting refresh will refresh with all issues and not those in the sprint selected, even if the sprint is showing as being selected.

At first i thought it was related to a browser, so tried from Chrome to Firefox with the same result.

Suggest an answer