JIRA Script Runner dateCompare gave error: Field name: XXX not found or not a date or datetime.

JIRA 6.2.2, ScriptRunner 3.0.16

The following JQL:

issueFunction in dateCompare("'", "created + 3h > Date of First Response")

gave errors:

• Field name: Date of First Response not found or not a date or datetime.
  • Use a comparison like: "dueDate > resolutionDate", or "dueDate > resolutionDate + 2w", or "My Date Custom Field > My Other Date Custom Field"

I've tried replacing Date of First Response with followings but didn't work:

• DateofFirstResponse
  • dateofFirstResponse
  • dateOfFirstResponse
  • dateoffirstresponse

In my JIRA instance, Date of First Response field is list as type: Date of First Response (yes same name) rather than of type: Date Picker.

However, referencing https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.1/jira/jql-functions.html, this works:

issueFunction in dateCompare("", "created + 3h > firstCommented")

but I am not sure where @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] got firstCommented field from, is it the same as Date of First Response? If not, what's the fix for my JQL issue?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

"firstCommented" can be thought of as a custom field, although it is not one. It's something you can use in your queries as described at https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.1/jira/jql-functions.html#_dates.

dateCompare does not support that field type "Date of First Response" - there are various issues to get expression and dateCompare to work with more custom field types.

Thanks for the fast response Jamie.

sad Sad that DateCompare doesn't work with "Date of First Response"/expression field types.

I did some experiments and concluded that "firstCommented" is not the same as "Date of First Response", please correct me if I am wrong.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

50 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot