JIRA ReIndex

N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2016

Hi,

I'm using

• JIRA Core Version 7.2.6 64 Bit on Linux 64 Bit
  • Java 1.8 64 Bit

When I do a reindex of JIRA I got the following error in the log-file:

2016-12-08 14:17:26,757 IssueIndexer:thread-9 WARN anonymous 847x35x1 11wbwdv 10.181.186.236 /secure/SetupImport.jspa [c.a.j.issue.index.DefaultIssueDocumentFactory] Error index
ing issue TOLERANCE-561: Dropping 'customfield_10965'
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.atlassian.greenhopper.customfield.sprint.SprintHistoryEntryFactory.movedToSprintAfterStartDate(SprintHistoryEntryFactory.java:223)
        at com.atlassian.greenhopper.customfield.sprint.SprintHistoryEntryFactory.lambda$null$22(SprintHistoryEntryFactory.java:188)
        at java.util.Optional.map(Optional.java:215)
        at com.atlassian.greenhopper.customfield.sprint.SprintHistoryEntryFactory.lambda$removeOtherNonActiveSprints$23(SprintHistoryEntryFactory.java:188)
        at java.util.Collection.removeIf(Collection.java:414)
        at com.atlassian.greenhopper.customfield.sprint.SprintHistoryEntryFactory.removeOtherNonActiveSprints(SprintHistoryEntryFactory.java:185)
        at com.atlassian.greenhopper.customfield.sprint.SprintHistoryEntryFactory.getSprintChangeHistoryForIssue(SprintHistoryEntryFactory.java:154)
        at com.atlassian.greenhopper.customfield.sprint.SprintHistoryEntryFactory.getSprintChangeHistory(SprintHistoryEntryFactory.java:52)
        at com.atlassian.greenhopper.customfield.sprint.SprintCustomFieldIndexer.addDocumentFields(SprintCustomFieldIndexer.java:45)
        at com.atlassian.greenhopper.customfield.sprint.SprintCustomFieldIndexer.addDocumentFieldsSearchable(SprintCustomFieldIndexer.java:30)
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.indexers.impl.AbstractCustomFieldIndexer.addIndex(AbstractCustomFieldIndexer.java:40)
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueDocumentFactory$Builder.add(DefaultIssueDocumentFactory.java:84)
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueDocumentFactory$Builder.addAll(DefaultIssueDocumentFactory.java:75)
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueDocumentFactory.apply(DefaultIssueDocumentFactory.java:50)
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueDocumentFactory.apply(DefaultIssueDocumentFactory.java:30)
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$DefaultDocumentCreationStrategy.get(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:556)
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$IndexIssuesOperation.perform(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:380)
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$IndexIssuesOperation.perform(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:369)
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer.lambda$null$2(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:308)
        at com.atlassian.jira.index.SimpleIndexingStrategy.get(SimpleIndexingStrategy.java:7)
        at com.atlassian.jira.index.SimpleIndexingStrategy.get(SimpleIndexingStrategy.java:5)
        at com.atlassian.jira.index.MultiThreadedIndexingStrategy$1.call(MultiThreadedIndexingStrategy.java:33)
        at com.atlassian.jira.index.MultiThreadedIndexingStrategy$1.call(MultiThreadedIndexingStrategy.java:31)
        at com.atlassian.jira.util.concurrent.BoundedExecutor$2.call(BoundedExecutor.java:68)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I do not have any impact on my running system, but I would feel better if I could correct the system, that the error would not occur.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Norbert

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user February 1, 2017

Hello Norbert,

which database (manufacturer, version)  do you used before the update and which database do you use after the update?

N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

Hi Peter,

we will upgrade to JIRA 7.3 because we recognized that this version do not cause the error.

Thank you all.

Regards

Norbert

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2016

Hm, it seems that migration from JIRA 6 to JIRA 7 was completed with errors. 

Unfortunatelly we do not use Agile and I do know how to migrate it. 

Try to find documentation about JIRA Agile migration and follow guids

0 votes
N
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2016

Hi Vasiliy,

here is a snapshot from table CUSTOMFIELD:

image2016-12-9 13:31:28.png

Seems for me, that is a custom_field used by JIRA Agile (formerly: Greenhopper).

Any idea?

Thank you

Norbert

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2016

Lets go further. 

What is customfield_10965?

What type is it?

Is buid-in type or provided by some plugin?

0 votes
N
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2016

Hi Vasiliy,

integrity check do not solve my problem!

Any other hint?

Thank you

Norbert

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2016

Try to execulte integrity check at first. Sometimes it helps.

Suggest an answer