JIRA Outgoing communication (send Data)

Marek Ceizel June 17, 2020

Hello everyone,

I'm quite new in JIRA so sorry for dummy question :)

I need to integrate ITSM (BMC) with JIRA. It is pretty clear for me on ITSM (BMC Side) and I can create and manage JIRA Task through RestAPI. My question is how is it done in JIRA when an e.g. comment is created on a JIRA Task (and the task came from ITSM which is distinguished by a Ticket Number in some custom field)  that JIRA triggers an Update direction ITSM (BMC).

General question how can one define a trigger that when some qualification is met, JIRA sents data through restAPI to some external system?

thanks a lot

Marek

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2020

Hi Marek  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I would encourage to watch this webinar on Automation for Jira from last week. Towards the end there is a use case where Jira can use Automation to start a build process in Jenkins. It should be fairly similar to what you want to do with ITSM (BMC).

https://www.atlassian.com/webinars/software/how-to-supercharge-your-automation-in-jira-cloud?_ga=2.93429464.413982196.1591014579-1313086432.1576012938

Marek Ceizel June 17, 2020

thank you so much John. Yes that helped a lot.

Now I see there is the Send web request message action which can be used to contact a webservice or restAPI.

What I don't see is how flexible is the building of custom data which I want to send. But that is already something what we have to find out :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2020

Great - glad I could help out. Good Luck!

Like Marek Ceizel likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events