JIRA - New Issue View Layout - Locking Comments?

Regina Barner June 27, 2019

Can we lock comments using the new issue view? I really like the new view, but I can't find the option to lock my comments. I need to be able to lock comments when I comment on tickets pertaining to certain projects in my org.

I've been switching back and forth between the new and the old views when I need to lock comments, but I feel like there must be an easier way to lock comments in the new view.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2019

Hello Regina,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

I understand that when you say "Lock a comment", you are meaning the restriction of the comment view to some groups/roles as displayed in the screenshot below, is it correct?

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 18.51.57.png

If I have correctly understood your request, I would like to say that the New issue view of JIRA is still a lab feature, so our developers are still working to implement some functionalities, including the ability to restrict comments.

For that specific matter, we have created a task to track the development progress:

Comment restriction is missing from the new issue detail view

Feel free to vote and watch the task to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, the only workaround available would be to use the Old issue View.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Regina Barner July 2, 2019

Great, this is what I was looking for! Thank you very much.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2019

You are welcome, Regina.

Have a nice day. :)

Suggest an answer