JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions - Transition postfunction firing 'assigned to' event

Deswik IT January 18, 2017

Hi 

I'm using JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions to transition an issue as a post function.

I have noticed that when a user (who is not the assignee or reporter) runs the initial transition (Transition A), the transition that is called as a post function (Transition B) appears to fire an 'Issue Assigned' event which in turn triggers an email to the Assignee and Reporter (as per our notification scheme).

However neither Transition A or Transition B are set to fire an Issue Assigned event.  They are both firing the Generic event which has no notifications attached to it.

Any help appreciated here on where I may have gone wrong

Thanks

Dave

2 answers

0 votes
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

Hi David,

You didn't specify but I assume you're on JIRA Cloud, right?

If that is the case, isn't transition A or transition B using a post-function to automatically assign the issue? In that case, it would indeed trigger an issue assigned notification, because Connect (Cloud) post-functions run after the transition, and thus JIRA cannot aggregate multiple notifications into one like it does on JIRA Server.

David

Hi David,

Apologies, my bad.  Its JIRA Server 7.0.10 and JMWE 4.0.4.

Neither Transition A or B are assigning the issue.

Thanks

Dave

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

Then I have no idea. Did you check in the history tab that the assignee doesn't change?

Just checked, no change of Assignee.  It doesn't do it if Transition B is invoked manually.  Only when its invoked as a post function of Transition A

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2017

Can you please open a support request at https://innovalog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/10 ?

0 votes

note that this also happens using the Transition linked issues Function

Suggest an answer