JIRA Misc Custom Fields: Calculated Date/Time Field

Jan Sękara October 2, 2016

Hi!

How do I set up a customfield to display only month from other customfield best in format 09/2016?

2 answers

2 votes
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2016

Hi,

since this is not a standard display format for dates in JIRA, you need to create a Calculated Text field that will contain the string representation of the date in the format you want. Note however that this will not work well for sorting (you'll need to sort on the original field instead).

The formula of the calculated text field will be something like:

<!-- @@Formula:
value = issue.get("customfield");
if (value==null)
 return null;
df = new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("MM/yyyy");
return df.format(value);
-->

where customfield is the name of the date field you want to format (see https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/KB/Using+issue.get%28%3Cfield_name%3E%29+in+scripts).

As for your second question, you first create a "Transition Date/time" field (see https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMCF/overview) which you then use in a calculated text field as above.

David

Jan Sękara October 3, 2016

Thanks David.

What do I enter as customfield? Name or ID?

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2016

Both will work, as stated in the documentation.

Sonya S_ December 12, 2017

hi, David,

can I know how to do the calculation to add date ?

My calculated date time field formula as

<!-- @@Formula:(issue.get("customfield_10805") == null ? null : issue.get("customfield_10805")-60) -->

<!-- @@ format: DATE  -->

It doesn't work. it only work ; it only work w/o calculation ( exclude -60.

Thanks in advance

0 votes
Jan Sękara October 2, 2016

And second question:

How do I set up a customfield that will show date(month) of last transition to particular status?

Suggest an answer