JIRA Filter

Chary March 15, 2016

I want to create a filter which results the issues closed in < some X days.

Example:  Issues which are closed within X days....using Created Date and Closing date of issue.

I want like this in filter... (Closing Date - CreatedDate) <= X Days

5 answers

4 votes
zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

If you have JIRA Service Desk, you could set this up using SLAs that trigger on Issue Created and Issue Resolved. If you would set the SLA to 5 days for example, the SLA would be breached for any days where it look more than 5 days to go from Created to Resolved.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to do this with just JQL.

3 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

Hi Chary,

use this:

status changed to Closed after -7d

It shows all issues which were closed within last 7 days

0 votes
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2016

If you have scriptrunner available, it has a date compare function. You can do comparisons like: 

issueFunction in dateCompare("project = 'Information Testing'", "resolved &lt; created +15d")

This one returns any issue in the Information Testing project which was resolved within 15 days of being created.

0 votes
Aleks Yenin (Polontech)
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2016
0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2016

I use script field provided by ScriptRunner plugin to do such things. Here is cade for this one:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField

import java.sql.Timestamp

return (int) ( issue.getCreated().getTime() - getMillsForCstFd("custom field name 1", issue))/(1000*60*60*24)

public long getMillsForCstFd(String _customFiledname, Issue _issue){
    CustomField customField = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName(_customFiledname);
    if(customField == null)
        return 0

Timestamp cstFldDate = (Timestamp) _issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField);
    return (cstFldDate == null) ? 0 : cstFldDate.getTime();
}

Suggest an answer