JIRA Feedback div is blocking other parts of the page (BUG)

Sumit Kumar March 9, 2016

See the attached Screenshot.

That `div` is hidden but laying on top of User Stories in Active Sprints. These can't get clicked. Tasks can't get dragged and so on. It's blocking all mouse events obviously.

image2016-3-10 10:0:2.png

I don't really have a question. That's a bug and I don't know where else to report it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2016

That's very strange as other people aren't getting the problem.

But, whatever the cause, it definitely needs to be raised with Atlassian directly - as it is a Cloud installation and it's getting in your way, it should go to Cloud support over at https://support.atlassian.com

I would not raise it as a bug yet, as bugs go through triage and confirmation processes, whereas this might be settings or something Cloud is doing, and a support request will be looked at more quickly.  If it is a bug, Support will then raise it as such.

Sumit Kumar March 10, 2016

from a frontend developers perspective: a hidden div is on top of others and is blocking mouse events. That's a bug.

I reported it on support.atlassian.com.

FYI: All users on our instance got that problem.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2016

It's not a bug when it's something in the config or settings, or something outside the code. 

You can't say that it's a bug until you know what the cause is.  As other people using the same software are NOT getting it, there's a good chance that it is NOT in the code and hence it's NOT a bug.  But we don't know that. Yet.

I looked into the code. And I doubt that there is a setting that says "show invisible feedback popup" wink

I'm sure there is a setting or something to turn that feedback popup off. Then it's gone and everything is good. But that doesn't make it not a bug when it's turned on. This can't be the expected behaviour in any configuration or setting. Even if it's a bug just for our specific config - it's still a bug.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2016

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.  We do not know that it is a bug.  It's certainly something going wrong, but you do not know the cause. So you can't be sure it's a bug.  I know this is a semantic point, but I believe in clarity and accuracy being useful things.  You can't prove that it's a bug yet, so you can't state that it is.

yeah it is a semantic issue smile.

Configs and Settings change expected behaviour. Wrong and unexpected behaviour is a bug in my book. Doesn't matter though.

Let's agree to disagree. Thank you for taking the time and checking the issue out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events