JIRA Email this issue custom event notifications are not working. (Email is not shown in email querry)

Tomáš Burda January 13, 2016

Hello.

I tried create custom notification template using JIRA email this issue plugin.

I was following steps in documentation:

http://www.meta-inf.hu/wiki/display/PLUG/Event+Notifications

Notifications are not going into email query.

Does anybody seen this problem? Any advices?

3 answers

0 votes
Christopher Mohr [codecentric] January 18, 2016

Hey guys,

I ran into the same problem just today. JIRA standart events are working, custom events are not.

Did you guys figure it out yet? I would be interested in your solution.

Regards,

Chris

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2016

Hi Christopher, can you please explain the situation you are experience?

Just tested now, and it worked fine.

To test custom events, create the events in JIRA and make sure you have a workflow transition that fires the custom event.

Set up notification rules for this event and also make sure that JETI Notification is mapped to the project your issue is in.

for testing purposes, I recommend you change your profile setting "My changes: do not notify me" to "My changes: notify me" otherwise you will not receive notifications for your changes.

If you have more questions, please let me know.

Tibor

Christopher Mohr [codecentric] January 20, 2016

Hi Tibor,

after some further tests i can say that this problem is most probably caused by a custom post function that fires events. The basic JIRA post function for firing events is working without problems, therefore I believe it might be a problem of event listeners or something. 

To sum up, the problem is on our side, not part of the JETI plugin.

Regards,

Chris

Louise Whittaker August 16, 2016

Thanks Tibor, I'd been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why I wasn't receiving notifications. Until I made the 'My Changes: Notify me' change. Thank you!

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 13, 2016

In the meantime a specific, detailed tutorial is available for setting up notifications: http://www.meta-inf.hu/wiki/display/PLUG/Setting+up+Customized+Notifications

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
January 13, 2016

Hi Tomas,

I'm here to help. I have seen your direct email and will reply to that one.

Tibor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events