JIRA EMAIL This Issue Question

Kristen Viscardi April 11, 2016

Hello,

I have been creating templates using the JETI plugin, however whenever I input the status field it only displays the status the issue is currently in. Can someone please tell me how to display the status the issue transitioned from with a red background and a strike through and the current status the issue transitioned to in green?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 12, 2016

Hi,

This kind of diff view of changed attributes could be rendered as below (I have extracted this from the JIRA email template)

Tibor

#if ($changelog)
<table class="keyvalue-table">
 <tr>
 <th>#text("template.change.by"):</th>
 <td>
 #if ($changelogauthor)
 #authorlinkkey($changelogauthor.key $linkstyle)
 #elseif ($changelogmetadata.actor)
 #emailHistoryMetadataParticipant($changelogmetadata.actor, true)
 #else
 #text("common.words.anonymous")
 #end
 </td>
 </tr>
 #foreach ($changeitem in $changelog.getRelated("ChildChangeItem"))
   #if ($changeitem.getString("field").equals("description"))
   #set ($changelogItemIssueDescription = $changeitem)
   #end
   #if($!changeitem.getString("field").equals("Status"))
   <tr>
     <th>$textutils.htmlEncode($velocityhelper.getFieldName($changeitem, $i18n)):</th>
   <td>
     #set ($oldstringKey = "oldstring") #set ($newstringKey = "newstring")
     #set ($oldText = "") 
     #set ($newText = "")
     #set ($oldText = $velocityhelper.getPrettyFieldString($changeitem.getString("field"), $changeitem.getString($oldstringKey), $i18n, ""))
     #set ($newText = $velocityhelper.getPrettyFieldString($changeitem.getString("field"), $changeitem.getString($newstringKey), $i18n, ""))
     $!diffutils.diff($oldText, "background-color:${auiErrorBackgroundColour};text-decoration:line-through;", $newText, "background-color:${auiSuccessBackgroundColour};")
   </td>
 </tr>
 #end
 #end
</table>
#end
Kristen Viscardi April 12, 2016

Thank you, I will add this to my template and get back to you if I have any problems.

Kristen Viscardi April 20, 2016

I tried copy and pasting this code into my template and it did not work. Any suggestions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events