JIRA EMAIL This Issue Question

Hello,

I have been creating templates using the JETI plugin, however whenever I input the status field it only displays the status the issue is currently in. Can someone please tell me how to display the status the issue transitioned from with a red background and a strike through and the current status the issue transitioned to in green?

Thanks!

1 answer

Hi,

This kind of diff view of changed attributes could be rendered as below (I have extracted this from the JIRA email template)

Tibor

#if ($changelog)
<table class="keyvalue-table">
 <tr>
 <th>#text("template.change.by"):</th>
 <td>
 #if ($changelogauthor)
 #authorlinkkey($changelogauthor.key $linkstyle)
 #elseif ($changelogmetadata.actor)
 #emailHistoryMetadataParticipant($changelogmetadata.actor, true)
 #else
 #text("common.words.anonymous")
 #end
 </td>
 </tr>
 #foreach ($changeitem in $changelog.getRelated("ChildChangeItem"))
   #if ($changeitem.getString("field").equals("description"))
   #set ($changelogItemIssueDescription = $changeitem)
   #end
   #if($!changeitem.getString("field").equals("Status"))
   <tr>
     <th>$textutils.htmlEncode($velocityhelper.getFieldName($changeitem, $i18n)):</th>
   <td>
     #set ($oldstringKey = "oldstring") #set ($newstringKey = "newstring")
     #set ($oldText = "") 
     #set ($newText = "")
     #set ($oldText = $velocityhelper.getPrettyFieldString($changeitem.getString("field"), $changeitem.getString($oldstringKey), $i18n, ""))
     #set ($newText = $velocityhelper.getPrettyFieldString($changeitem.getString("field"), $changeitem.getString($newstringKey), $i18n, ""))
     $!diffutils.diff($oldText, "background-color:${auiErrorBackgroundColour};text-decoration:line-through;", $newText, "background-color:${auiSuccessBackgroundColour};")
   </td>
 </tr>
 #end
 #end
</table>
#end

Thank you, I will add this to my template and get back to you if I have any problems.

I tried copy and pasting this code into my template and it did not work. Any suggestions?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Trello

Alice Camilla on organizing your work/life/fandoms with Trello!

@Alice Camilla is a university student, currently writing her MA thesis in Archaeology. She's also a freelance blogger and content creator, writing about geeky stuff from productivity apps to JR...

69 views 2 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you