JIRA Due Date Configure Fields

Koosha Azartash November 14, 2016

I was wondering if there's a way to have a global configure fields for all various issue types as a default that is shown in all different JIRA screens? I'm trying to change and personalize the default due date and all other ordering of options when creating a new issue for other users in my team. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2016

>to have a global configure fields for all various issue types as a default that is shown in all different JIRA screens

I am sorry, but that makes no sense, it mixes up a few concepts within JIRA and I really cannot work out quite what you are trying to do with it.

Could you give us a simplified description please?  Short sentences with one or two clauses, instead of many, help with clarity.

Koosha Azartash November 16, 2016

For example when I make a new epic or story, there's a configure fields on the top right hand corner of that window. It has all the fields that will be shown in that epic or story (Due data, Summary, etc.). After I personalize the fields and their ordering and create my issue, the customization is not saved; it's not global to other projects. For example, if I try to make another issue from a different project, the fields change. How would I customize the configure fields globally for so that all projects follow a similar format? So all the existing issues would also change their formats too. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2016

No. 

That configure fields setting is a personal one for you to choose to ignore fields in that project if you want to.  It's nothing to do with the rest of the users or the projects.

To configure the projects, log in as an admin and re-configure them the way you're supposed to - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/project-screens-schemes-and-fields-802592517.html

Suggest an answer