JIRA DASHBOARD Showing issue and Subtask

amit agrawal May 23, 2018

1) I have created a Story 

2) Two Sub Task ( Subtask1 and Subtaks2)

I would like to show in JIRA dashboard hierarchy where Issue is parent and Subtask is Child along with Progess.

How can i do that.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gabriel Senna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2018

Hi Amit,

I would recommend you to try the "Filter Results" gadget. This gadget returns values based on the JQL filter you use.

This way, you would need to create an filter that return the issues and it's sub-tasks an display them in the filter.

Give a try, trying to build the filter and using the gadget.

I'm also sending you documentation, regarding to using gadgets and creating filter on JQL.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/using-dashboard-gadgets-776636252.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/blog/2015/07/search-jira-like-a-boss-with-jql

Nathan Rourke April 16, 2019

That does not show the status of the sub tasks though

Like Eric Wong likes this
FM August 22, 2022

Although this answer is accepted, I do not think it properly answers the original question. I'm in the same position and want to display the hierarchy of my stories and their child sub-tasks. The "Filter Results" gadget is not sophisticated enough to achieve this goal.

I easily created a filter that lists my stories and all of their sub-tasks, I passed in my filter to the "Filter Results" gadget but the gadget does NOT offer a way to organize my output by issue hierarchy, which is what is desired. Everything appears jumbled together. The best I could do with the gadget, is display the columns containing the "key" and "Linked Issues" for each result returned from my filter and by looking at the information I could match the keys up manually...which is just unacceptable.

I want a gadget that will clearly display my stories with their current status and underneath each story, preferably with some type of indentation, I can see all of the sub-tasks for my stories with their current status:

My_Story1 Current_status
      Sub-task1 Current_status
      Sub-task2 Current_status

My_Story2 Current_status
      Sub-task3 Current_status
      Sub-task4 Current_Status

etc

Currently, I haven't found any gadgets in Jira that offer this....

Like # people like this
Madhu_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2022

Hi @FM 

Welcome to the community !!

If you would be interested in a mktplace app for a ready made solution, you can try out

Issue Hierarchy Reports 

And generate insights such as:

- % complete based on time spent and story points at each hierarchy level

- Sum up Time Spent, Org Estimate, Time Rmng, custom number
fields

- View the full Jira Issue Type hierarchy of Linked issues,
Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps, Epics, and Subtasks up to 10 levels.

- Export your reports to a CSV file

Epic Hierarchy - Gadget.PNG

Like FM likes this
FM August 23, 2022

Thank you! This is more along the lines of something I'm was looking for :)

Like Madhu_RVS likes this
0 votes
Eric Wong February 1, 2022

Found another post that helped me and this is part of how I can filter it out. 

I'm searching in a project, that has a epic, and there are stories under that epic with a subtask.

This is how I can find them all
project = "PROJNAME" AND issuetype in (Sub-task) AND status = In_Progress AND parentEpic = "EPIC NAME"

Suggest an answer