JIRA, Confluence and TestRail

Rodney Broadhurst October 11, 2016

Hello, we are currently using JIRA, Confluence and Test Rail in the project space. What I want to do is extract all the data from these areas for use post go live when the project team is no longer around and operational staff can still have access to all of the information within these workspaces.

Is there a way that this can be done?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2016

You'll need to think about how you're going to present this data to the operational staff.  The current format?  A big block of documentation built from the current data?  Does it need to go in another system?

As one idea, is there something wrong with simply making it all read-only when the project ends, and just leaving it  as it is?

Rodney Broadhurst October 16, 2016

Thanks Nic, we only have a licence until the end of the project with JIRA, Confluence etc so i'm assuming when the licence runs out we will not have access to the information? I may be wrong.

We'd be transferring the information on our internal systems for audit and other purposes.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2016

Indeed it will go away when your Cloud licence expires.

You can export it all to xml though, but it won't be of any use to anything other than another pair of JIRA and Confluence systems to import.  Unless you massively re-engineer it all into another system.

Suggest an answer