JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket to AD or via JIRA to AD

Normann P. Nielsen (Netic)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2016

What possible Configs are support/possible/Adviseable?

I have a JIRA, a Confluence and a Bitbucket server, and an Active Directory

It it possible to Connect JIRA to the AD, and Confluence and BB to JIRA (as a Crowd server)

Can I then manage all users and groups via JIRA

I know it not an easy or one-solution only senario, but is it an realistic possibility - or should all 3 App's go directly to the AD?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2016

That is the setup I have; JIRA is where I manage all users (connected to AD) and Bitbucket and Confluence are using JIRA as their User Directory. I would recommend adding the AD as an inactive User Directory in both Bitbucket and Confluence in case your JIRA server is down for a long period of time. We had to roll back a JIRA upgrade and the server was down for 4 hours, during that time we enabled the AD User Directory  on both Bitbucket and Confluence so users could still access them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events