JIRA CDN for static content

Guys,

We have our JIRA server setup in California.  But most users are accessing JIRA from Europe.

I see that lot's of same static data, like css forms, js, files, etc are loading when accessing JIRA tickets, admin pages and/or related pages.

I'm curios if there's any straightforward, maybe already tested way to integrate JIRA standalone server with some CDN service provider: Amazon CDN, CloudFlare or something.

Maybe someone had their hands on this.  Please share.

Thanks,

Ivan.

4 answers

For use CDN you must enable a JIRA feature: see  https://developer.atlassian.com/static/javadoc/jira/reference/com/atlassian/jira/plugin/webresource/JiraPrefixCDNStrategy.html , it describe how you can use a CDN to host your assets.

Just edit your setenv.sh with the properites  jira.fixed.cdn.prefix and  jira.fixed.cdn.enable and configure your cdn provider to fetch css, images from your public endpoint.

same problem, really like to know how to integrate these two together

I wonder if so few people are interested in this, maybe there's a workaround or completely another way of doing this.

I have the same problem.  I'd love to get my instance of JIRA in AWS working behind CloudFlare.

Hi,try nginx proxy and redirect static file to a cdn server .and set up cdn server to mirror jira site by another url.

+1 for this!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,355 views 21 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you