JIRA CDN for static content

Ivan Kovnatsky October 28, 2015

Guys,

We have our JIRA server setup in California.  But most users are accessing JIRA from Europe.

I see that lot's of same static data, like css forms, js, files, etc are loading when accessing JIRA tickets, admin pages and/or related pages.

I'm curios if there's any straightforward, maybe already tested way to integrate JIRA standalone server with some CDN service provider: Amazon CDN, CloudFlare or something.

Maybe someone had their hands on this.  Please share.

Thanks,

Ivan.

5 answers

2 votes
Lodato Luciano January 9, 2017

For use CDN you must enable a JIRA feature: see  https://developer.atlassian.com/static/javadoc/jira/reference/com/atlassian/jira/plugin/webresource/JiraPrefixCDNStrategy.html , it describe how you can use a CDN to host your assets.

Just edit your setenv.sh with the properites  jira.fixed.cdn.prefix and  jira.fixed.cdn.enable and configure your cdn provider to fetch css, images from your public endpoint.

0 votes
Brian Keough
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hi @Ivan Kovnatsky

Just wanted to provide a quick update that CDN support is now available for Data Center editions of Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence and Bitbucket. We're also have a single-line configuration for AWS CloudFront. 

You can find out more about it all here: https://www.atlassian.com/blog/enterprise/cdn

0 votes
Ahmad Awadallah October 27, 2016

+1 for this!

0 votes
赵海林 January 5, 2016

Hi,try nginx proxy and redirect static file to a cdn server .and set up cdn server to mirror jira site by another url.

0 votes
MP October 31, 2015

same problem, really like to know how to integrate these two together

Ivan Kovnatsky November 4, 2015

I wonder if so few people are interested in this, maybe there's a workaround or completely another way of doing this.

Michael Sleep August 22, 2016

I have the same problem.  I'd love to get my instance of JIRA in AWS working behind CloudFlare.

Suggest an answer