JIRA Bug: 'Visual' and 'Text' options aren't selectable

Hello, 

Could you please let me know, if there is a solution for this bug?

Steps to reproduce:
1) At a dialog screen where you can edit/enter a comment, make sure 'Text' field is selected. If not, select the 'Text' field then refresh the page.

2) Once the 'Text' field is select, click the 'Text' field again. This will grey out the 'Visual' and 'Text' options and they will no longer be selectable. Everything else functions normally and will resolve on a refresh of the page.

Thank you.

Elif

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Elif,

That's an unusual problem.   I was able to reproduce this problem in my 7.6.0 Jira Server instance.  As such I created a new bug for this, as I have not been able to find any other reports of this specific defect.   Please follow https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66408 for updates on this.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.   I agree that this should not be greyed out when following these steps, but at least the work-around is simple enough to refresh the browser to get around this.

Could you let me know what version of Jira you're using?   I suspect this problem might effect more than Jira 7.6.0 Server version.

Regards,
Andy

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your response. I use Jira v7.5.0 I added myself as a watcher to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66408 that I can see the resolution of this bug/issue.

Please let me know, if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

Elif

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

275 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot