JIRA Behaviour Impacted By User Permissions?

Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

I have a behaviour built in JIRA.

FormField client = getFieldById(getFieldChanged());   
FormField client_benefited = getFieldByName("Client Benefited");
if(client.getValue() == "DST Full Service")
{
    client_benefited.setRequired(true);
    client_benefited.setHidden(false);
}else
{
    client_benefited.setRequired(false); 
    client_benefited.setHidden(true);
    client_benefited.setFormValue("None");
}

I tested the behaviour, and it all looked good, so I moved it to PROD.  Earlier today, a user reported a problem.  When they go in to create the project/issue type this Behaviour is attached to, after putting in DST Full Service, the Client Benefited field does not display.  I tested this again using my own id, and tested it again using his id.  For some reason, it works for me, but not for him. 

The only thing I can guess is that there may be some sort of permissions issue?  But I looked through all of Behaviours, and I do not see anything that could be triggering this problem. 

I've been googling for a few hours now, and no luck, so I'm hoping someone here can provide some direction.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

Disregard.  I made the mistake of making this harder than it really was.  The problem was the specific user had configured his create screen to not display the field.  (insert eye roll and disappointed sigh here)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events