JIRA Bar Graph Add on's or utilities

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2015

Hi all,

I am not too familiar with the graphing aspect of JIRA, but all my trails have come up empty.  What I was looking for was a basic bar chart that simply had a bar for closed issues that month.

|

|                     |

|         |           |

Jan     Feb   Mar   Apr

Ideally I would like to have the bar multicolored to give each of the resolution types in a different color.  (Green fixed, blue, duplicate, etc)

Does anyone know of anything that would accomplish this?

Thanks!

Robert

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2015

What you have available depends on whether you are running in the cloud or in datacenter. If you're in a datacenter version of Jira, in addition to the plugins Phil suggested, you should look at Arsenale DataPlane.

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2015

Data-center, yes, thanks I will check that out as well...

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2015

Turns out my boss likes this one the best.

2 votes
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2020

Hi @Robert G. Nadon ,

This functionality is available on our new app Custom Charts for Jira.

There are multiple chart types to choose from and other customizations available including ordering and colors.

You can check it out right now on our free interactive app playground.

Custom_Charts_for_Jira_Custom JQL.png

There's also Custom Jira Charts for Confluence which has identical features for creating professional charts in Confluence.

I hope that helps with your query.

Thanks,

Tom - Custom Charts Product Manager

1 vote
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2015

If you are familiar with Excel graphing, then the Better Excel Plugin may be the tool that fits you the most. 

It can render any Excel chart, also including pivot charts

Here is a chart that shows issues created, resolved, closed in each month:

excel-pivot-chart-result.png

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2015

Hi Robert,

This is not possible with the standard charts as you have already discovered but there are a number of plugins that would be able to provide something like this for you. I would search marketplace.atlassian.com as a starting point and look to see which provides the most appropriate functionality.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.eazybi.jira.plugins.eazybi-jira/server/overview and https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.ext.charting/cloud/overview are both worth a quick review. There are others that are available and others may recommend these as being easier to achieve your requirements.

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2015

Thank you, I will check them out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events