JIRA Attachment Import via JSON - The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

Rahul K December 29, 2015

Hi,

I am trying to import attachments to JIRA via the JSON import. The attachments are kept in a folder created in my JIRA_HOME/import/attachments folder

But I still get -

An exception occurred dealing with attachment 'file://D:/Jira/Data/import/attachments/380371/3416141.msg'.
com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.AttachmentImportException: An exception occurred dealing with attachment 'file://D:/Jira/Data/import/attachments/380371/3416141.msg'.
Caused by: java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
	at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
	at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize(Unknown Source)
D:/Jira/Data -  Is my JIRA Home
I can access the file manually with the URI - file://D:/Jira/Data/import/attachments/380371/3416141.msg

Using JIRA 6.4.6 with jira-importers-plugin - 7.0.12. JIRA is installed on a Windows machine.

Any thoughts?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2015

I suggest you try the following 

file:/380371/3416141.msg

for the location of your attachments in the JSON file.

Thanks! That worked. The Atlassian documentation incorrectly states that we need to give the complete path.

0 votes
niek_knijnenburg_pon December 29, 2015
"D:/Jira/Data -  Is my JIRA Home"

Is it also for the process running the import?

Same drive mapping?

same env-settings?

Process running the import? - I am using the JSON import facility which is within JIRA, the jira-importers plugin.

Suggest an answer