JIRA Agile- How to move multiple issues to a sprint?

NAW December 4, 2015

Hi,

I have 7 sprints and almost 800 issues. 

Icouldn't find an easier way to allocate multiple issues to a sprint. The only way I do found is by clicking Shift+Click, then select the relevant sprint. This method is still time consuming since I have 800 issues in the backlog.

Please help!

Thank you,

Naw

4 answers

0 votes
Gautam De March 24, 2021

I have tried Bulk Change - but it's not working.

Our Sprint names are like "CODG Sprint 24", "CODG Sprint 25".

Can't assign "CODG Sprint 26" on the "Sprint Change" field during bulk update.

Any suggestion?

Deleted user May 4, 2021

Same here.  Unable to do a bulk move to a sprint.  Sprint field is asking for a number.  I put the number in and it still doesn't work. Please help.

unable to bulk move to sprint.png

Deleted user May 4, 2021

It is probably need to have the permissions to handle sprint management (also from Jira Align or Portfolio for Jira), buy going to “Project settings“ > “Permissions“ and modify the permission scheme by removing the “Manage Sprints“ permission from everyone, besides the users who are responsible for creating and scheduling sprints.

0 votes
NAW June 14, 2016

Answer to this is to bulk update

0 votes
Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2015

right click after selection?

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2015

You could try the following:

1. Make sure the sprint footer (the grey horizontal marker) is positioned below the issues you want to include in your upcoming sprint. Drag it up or down, or drag issues up from the backlog, as needed.

That will only work for the bottom sprint though...

Cheers

Mike Sorensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2015

That also gets tricky to do on a tablet. dragging the divider bar is the same action as scroll up/down a page.

Suggest an answer