JIRA - Adding a new user with Ticket history/access from other user

Dick Kwon October 6, 2016

Hi Community,

I am adding a new user and delete an existing user.  Want to inherit existing user's ticket history to a new user.  Could you help on this please.

Thanks in advance

Dick

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2016

Any reason you haven't simply changed their login id?

0 votes
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2016

Let me guess: Someone got married and has a new user name?

As far as I know, you will not be able to change all the old user's comments, "Watched" issues and so on to the new user.

What I did for users who married and got a new username was to 

a) find all issues assigned to their old account, and assign them to the new account

b) find all issues reported by their old account, and bulk change them so they show the new account as the Reporter

c) Give the new account all the same permissions that the old account had.

d) deactivate the old account

I haven't found a way to bulk add the new user to watchers, because when I tried bulk editing the Watcher field, the person became the only watcher on those issues. I don't think we can bulk change comment authorship at all.

Maybe you could achieve this by fiddling with the database but that sounds like a lot of risk for little benefit.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events