So I created a new user the other day (my first time) - sys admins usually do it, but I saw the 'Add Users' button so I figured I'd give it a shot. A person, lets call her Lynn Craig, needed an account. When JIRA prompted me to type a username I typed 'lcraig', but apparently that username already existed - belongs to someone else, lets call her Laurie Craig - Well, JIRA did not throw up a flag saying that the username already existed.
So, the result of this was all of the issues that Laurie Craig's name was on turned into Lynn Craig. I tried to then change Lynn's username to 'lycraig'. It was successful in updating the username, but it did not go back and fix the names on the issues.
I migrated as many of the issues as I could back to Laurie, but some (approx. 70) are comments - which I have not found a way to change back to Laurie.
Can anyone help me get this corrected?
We had a very similar issue lately regarding worklogs incorrectly reported in the API, the below may be of some help:
The root of the problem is that the JIRA DB is not completely updated if a
username is edited. In the GUI, worklogs are properly modified to display the
new username, not so using the REST API. This means that work logs extracted
using the REST API are returned with the wrong (old) username!
A description can be found here:
The recommended fix is described in detail here:
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs