JIRA 7 upgrade thing

I've just discovered the JIRA product evolution and I might confess that it left me really puzzled. At first glanced It seams that Atlassian intention is to make me pay about 68% more than today for nothing I will use (not interested by the Agile mumbo-jumbo thing), which of course, is not going to happen. Ever.

I tried to figure out one simple thing among all marketing stuff wrapping this ugly news: what it the full functional loss between my JIRA 6 and JIRA 7-core?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

None.  JIRA Core 7 has all the functions plain JIRA 6 has.  Some of them have changed a bit, but nothing significant has gone

(By "plain JIRA" I really do mean plain JIRA - no Agile, no Service desk, no other add-ons)

Thanks for your answer.

So I will still able to see my SVN sources connected to my JIRA issue as today?

Depends on how they are "connected" - via the subversion add-on?

Yes indeed, same for ficheye (GIT), GITHub integration,?

Well, the "developer" panel will be removed, but the Subversion and Fisheye add-ons add their own, so they should be fine. I've not used Github integration though, so I don't know there.

Works, for me, thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Statuspage

194 years of downtime: looking back on incident data from 2018

Statuspage customers logged more than 194 years of collective incidents in 2018. That’s a whopping 87% increase from the  104 years logged in 2017 , and we aren’t even through December yet....

56 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you