JIRA 7 upgrade thing

Jerome Renaud October 15, 2015

I've just discovered the JIRA product evolution and I might confess that it left me really puzzled. At first glanced It seams that Atlassian intention is to make me pay about 68% more than today for nothing I will use (not interested by the Agile mumbo-jumbo thing), which of course, is not going to happen. Ever.

I tried to figure out one simple thing among all marketing stuff wrapping this ugly news: what it the full functional loss between my JIRA 6 and JIRA 7-core?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2015

None.  JIRA Core 7 has all the functions plain JIRA 6 has.  Some of them have changed a bit, but nothing significant has gone

(By "plain JIRA" I really do mean plain JIRA - no Agile, no Service desk, no other add-ons)

0 votes

Thanks for your answer.

So I will still able to see my SVN sources connected to my JIRA issue as today?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2015

Depends on how they are "connected" - via the subversion add-on?

Yes indeed, same for ficheye (GIT), GITHub integration,?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2015

Well, the "developer" panel will be removed, but the Subversion and Fisheye add-ons add their own, so they should be fine. I've not used Github integration though, so I don't know there.

Works, for me, thanks.

Suggest an answer