JIRA 6.4.14 - Issue while exporting database to XML format

Rafal Sojka October 2, 2017

Hi, 

I know that 6.4 is obsolete, but I plan to upgrade it to higher version and wanted to recreate the prod environment on my test machine.

When I try to export database into XML format I receive the following error:

• An exception occurred backing up: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, JOB_ID, JOB_RUNNER_KEY, SCHED_TYPE, INTERVAL_MILLIS, FIRST_RUN, CRON_EXPRESSION, TIME_ZONE, NEXT_RUN, VERSION, PARAMETERS FROM clusteredjob (ORA-00942: table or view does not exist<br/> )

I have already found one possible solution to resolve this issue: disabling auto-export but it does not work for me, although I restarted the JIRA server twice and checked in JIRA UI that jira.autoexport = false . I also checked in database there is no such view/table as "clusteredjob".

Currently I am blocked with the migration. Do you have any idea if there are any other solutions for this problem. 

My JIRA instance is standalone and uses Oracle as database. Below I attached stacktrace.

Thank you,

"The backup to file '/opt/apps/jira/jira-data/export/2017-Oct-02--1900.zip' failed.
The backup file has been moved aside to '/opt/apps/jira/jira-data/export/corrupted'.
An exception stack trace follows:
com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, JOB_ID, JOB_RUNNER_KEY, SCHED_TYPE, INTERVAL_MILLIS, FIRST_RUN, CRON_EXPRESSION, TIME_ZONE, NEXT_RUN, VERSION, PARAMETERS FROM clusteredjob (ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
)
at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.findListIteratorByCondition(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:535)
at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.WrappingOfBizDelegator.findListIteratorByCondition(WrappingOfBizDelegator.java:349)
at com.atlassian.jira.action.admin.export.DefaultSaxEntitiesExporter.exportEntity(DefaultSaxEntitiesExporter.java:147)
at com.atlassian.jira.action.admin.export.DefaultSaxEntitiesExporter.exportEntities(DefaultSaxEntitiesExporter.java:110)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultExportService.exportJIRA(DefaultExportService.java:203)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultExportService.export(DefaultExportService.java:89)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultExportService.export(DefaultExportService.java:71)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.services.export.ExportService.performBackup(ExportService.java:148)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.services.export.ExportService.run(ExportService.java:133)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.JiraServiceContainerImpl.run(JiraServiceContainerImpl.java:66)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.runService(ServiceRunner.java:77)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.runServiceId(ServiceRunner.java:54)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.runJob(ServiceRunner.java:37)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.runJob(JobLauncher.java:136)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launchAndBuildResponse(JobLauncher.java:101)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launch(JobLauncher.java:80)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.quartz1.Quartz1Job.execute(Quartz1Job.java:32)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:223)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)
Caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, JOB_ID, JOB_RUNNER_KEY, SCHED_TYPE, INTERVAL_MILLIS, FIRST_RUN, CRON_EXPRESSION, TIME_ZONE, NEXT_RUN, VERSION, PARAMETERS FROM clusteredjob (ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SQLProcessor.executeQuery(SQLProcessor.java:642)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.createEntityListIterator(GenericDAO.java:967)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.selectListIteratorByCondition(GenericDAO.java:883)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericHelperDAO.findListIteratorByCondition(GenericHelperDAO.java:194)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.findListIteratorByCondition(GenericDelegator.java:1235)
at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.findListIteratorByCondition(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:530)
... 18 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:440)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:837)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:445)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:191)

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2017

Hi there,

Can you confirm with us the version of Oracle you are running? 

You'll want to have a look at this article as well: How to Fix Oracle Error ORA-00942: table or view does not exist. Please also have a look at the following article for a list of required permissions for the Jira user.

Ensure your connection is configured properly, the database server is online, and that your user has the correct permissions. Keep in mind that only versions 11G with Oracle 11.2.x drivers and 12C are supported.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Rafal Sojka October 3, 2017

Hi Shannon, Thank you for response.

The database is Oracle 12c and it works fine, There are no issues with connection to it. The only problem I have right now is the database export. 

The exception attached in my first message is rather clear. JIRA tries to access clusteredjob table that does not exist in database. It is strange because we did not drop any tables/views. Only limited number of administrators has access to this database.

I also reviewed the provided link but unfortunately they are not connected with this case.

Best regards,
Rafal

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2017

Hi Rafal,

I've seen that exact message resolved by the earlier article, but here's another one that could be related:

Could not create table due to missing field type definition

You can give that a try and see if it helps to create the clusteredjob table.

If not, please let me know, and I'll create a support ticket in our system where I can obtain your support zip.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Rafal Sojka October 3, 2017

Thank you Shannon, it can be very helpful. I will analyze this document and check if it helps to resolve my issue. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 4, 2017

You're welcome, Rafal. Good luck and let us know if you run into any issues with it.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer