JETI why does the mail handler regular expression for setting up a ticket system not work?

Jack Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2017

We have purchase a license for JETI and installed it. I've followed the vendor's article for configuring an Email Help Desk, which includes a mail handler within the add-on that has a regular expression used to split out the part of the email to use when creating the issue or adding comments. The documentation contains 

/From: |___.|On .wrote:|----Orig.|On .(JIRA)./

But when we test, any follow up email that contains the thread of conversation creates a new comment containing everything, which includes prior comments and the description. This creates excessively long comment threads etc.

Based on review of an email sent on our end it would seem the expression above works since the previous email is contained below "On ....... wrote:"

I've reviewed the documentation and don't think I'm missing any configuration settings. I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and knows a fix.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2017

This seems to be working after upgrading our add on to version 7.1.0.1

Suggest an answer