JETI: Is there a way to create a new JIRA ticket by using JETI on one project to email a separate JQ email configured for a different project?

Raina Arjona February 25, 2016

I'm currently on JIRA 6.4.8 and using JETI 6.3.0.9

I'm not sure if other users encounter this issue, but for our JIRA instance, we have many JQ email addresses configured to different projects and different issue types. Our users love using JETI to send email directly from a JIRA ticket, but they don't always realize that sometimes they're trying to send email from an existing ticket to another JQ email address to create a new ticket in a different project. This is troublesome because JETI doesn't understand that it needs to create the new issue in the different project. Instead, it recognizes the email as a comment on the original ticket the user is sending the mail from.

I've been advising users to Move and Clone the ticket to the new project. It seems that users don't always realize the email address they're sending mail to is configured to another JIRA project.

Is there any way around this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 25, 2016

Hi Raina,

Unfortunately, there isn't a solution your users are after. However there are a few options to try:

• use the recipient blacklist to prevent sending emails to the JQ email addresses. So issues will not be sent to these accounts. Blacklist can be set in the Configuration tab of the JETI Admin screen.
  • configure the JETI Mail Handler with Always Create Issues strategy. It will make sure that these emails will create new issues. Obviously, you'd lose commenting via email then.

Tibor

Raina Arjona February 25, 2016

Hi Tibor,

Thank you for the quick response! I will try utilizing the recipient blacklist.

If I add the other JQ email addresses to the blacklist, will the users receive some sort of notification if they try to send mail to an email that has been blacklisted, or will the email just fail at that point?

I previously considered configuring the JETI mail handler with Always Create Issues, but we don't want to lose commenting via email.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events