JETI: Initializing Due Date Field Question - Regex

Raina Arjona March 11, 2016

I'm currently on JIRA 6.4.8 and using JETI 6.3.0.15

I need some regex help initializing the Due Date field. It doesn't seem to be working properly. My regex passes the test fine in jeti, but when I send test emails, with the data the field doesn't initialize.

I'm using the following Field Context and regex below.

IfEmail Bodymatches(\W|^)Due Date:\s(\w+( \w+)*.+)(|$),setDue Datewith value from Capture Group (2) in new issues

The Due Date field is displayed on a ticket as dd/Mon/yy  which looks like 1/Mar/16 for example. I tried sending an email with Due Date: 11/Mar/16 as part of the email body, but the field does not initialize.

Is there an issue with my regex or is that field not able to be initialized via email?

I kinda feel like it's my regex. I had issues initializing a single select list custom field until I dialed the regex in properly.

Any help anybody would be able to provide me with is much appreciated! Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Raina Arjona April 11, 2016

@Tibor Hegyi [META-INF], thank you for the page on how to initialize date fields! https://www.meta-inf.hu/display/PLUG/Field+Contexts

This helped immensely, but please note, the example provided on your page has a white space in the regex. It's just before $group1. I copied and pasted it into the Use Value field for my field rule, and it didn't work when testing. It took me a while to notice the extra white space. cheeky

My Field Rules worked below. laugh

Goal of Rule: Set fields in New issues being created from emails

Regex: (\W|^)Due Date:\s(\w+( \w+)*.+)(|$)

Match in: Email Body

Use Value From Manual: $parser.parseDate("MM-dd-yy",$group2)

Issue Field: Due Date

0 votes
Jonalyn Haloot March 9, 2020

Hi @Raina Arjona ,
Can you please share the field rules for initializing a single select list and user picker custom fields please.

Thank you,
Jonalyn

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 14, 2016

Hi Raina,

This page contains details on how to initialize date fields: https://www.meta-inf.hu/display/PLUG/Field+Contexts

You can test your regex if it matches the mail body. Use the Test feature for that.

Tibor

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2016

If i'm not mistaken, 11/Mar/16 is not a valid value for the Due Date field. I can't remember the format though. 

Suggest an answer