JETI - Can I Send Email Using Fields From Linked Issues?

Mark Bensfield May 13, 2016

I have JETI configured to send an email when a main/parent issue is updated. Is JETI capable of grabbing all linked/sub issues and obtaining values from those liked issues to be used in the email?

The fields I need are the description and 2 custom fields including a dropdown and a custom field type for ranking.

Right now I have an elaborate setup using Exocet to copy fields of the linked issues back to the main issue then sending the email based on the fields copied back to the parent. This works but it doesn't allow me to add additional sub-issues without hardcoding them to copy back to the parent/main issue. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 14, 2016

Hi Mark,

Yes, definitely you can access fields in the linked issues. This documentation page explains how to access linked issues from the issue being sent.

https://www.meta-inf.hu/display/PLUG/Add+Issue+Link+Information+to+Your+Template

You'll be able to iterate through the linked issues, select those you want and extract information just as you extracted from the current issue.

Tibor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events