@Reporter=abc
@Project=def
@Priority=High
@Watchers=yyy

when i send this mail , the issue gets created successfully in JIRA
but
only the directive which is at first line work
for eg:- in above case only '@reporter' works
rest directives comes in description of the ticket.

Help needed for correct syntax of the directives .

Thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2017

Hi Anuj,

This is very comment, when the mail being sent is encoded as HTML.  JEMH must convert HTML into a text format before processing.  Its quite possible that too much white-space is injected (empty lines) or none are.

You can validate this is the case by turning OFF the directive support, and looking at the content that arrives in the description.

You can change the incoming HTML formatting to correct this for your common case.  Usually this relates to exact markup used, SPAN or P or DIV needing /not-needing more than an empty line.

If you can't make progress in HTML conversion, contact support will a full example, and your Profile XML.

jemh-support@thepluginpeople.com

anuj__sharma January 16, 2017

@@Andy Brook

Hello Andy,

Do i need to use html markup in mail body 

What do you mean by 'exact markup'

Is there any predefined syntax for mail body while using JEMH ?

Thanks 

Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2017

No, HTML is a pain, if you can send just text/plain, that will be much less of a problem.

> "What do you mean by 'exact markup'"

I mean what your mail client has encoded the HTML as.  Some proprietary systems generate specific formats of HTML, which can be catered for.

> Is there any predefined syntax for mail body while using JEMH ?

The format for directives is specific to the Field Processor you have enabled, eg @Prefix is as you showed above.  If you create a JEMH Test Case (not a real email) and set the body as you showed, it should just work. An empty line should separate the block of Directives from the main text payload, which then is used as Description or Comment.

anuj__sharma January 18, 2017

@Andy Brook
for jemh , i am using config file like 'configFile=somefile.properties'

can i set body format preference as 'html' in it
because i am using JIRA 5.2.8 in which i cannot find the profile option in jemh configuration

Suggest an answer