JAVAMELODY: Question about system errors logs entries

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2016

Hi, I am wahtching Statistics system errors logs and I see SEVERE errors (see screenshot):

SEVERE.png

However if I open atlassian-jira.log, I don't see these errors. Conversely, I see some ERROR loglevels entries in atlassian-jira.log that don't show in JavaMelody.

Why this differences?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emeric Vernat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2016

In the monitoring report, System errors are exceptions thrown by a JIRA servlet up to the Tomcat container.

They are not always logged by JIRA.

In this case, it seems that you have postgresql exceptions "error value too long for type character varying(767)" for a timesheet plugin.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2016

Then where javamelody get (read) those errors from?

Thanks!

Emeric Vernat
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2016

javamelody tracks errors thrown by servlets (by using a servlet filter)

Suggest an answer